The Holmes Cultural Diversity Center Strives to:
- encourage, through sensitivity training and programming, the development of a climate in which all cultures, especially minority and international students, are appreciated as valued members of the campus community
- increase minority and international student enrollment and retention at Mississippi State by assisting the university’s student recruitment and retention efforts
- encourage and assist minority and international students with their academic, career aspirations and social adjustments to college life
- serve as a liaison between minority students, international students, the faculty, and administration
- promote the positive image that all cultures contribute to university life
- make the college experience a productive and successful endeavor for all students.
Among the services provided by the Center are:
- cultural diversity workshops, seminars, and classroom lectures
- a Peer Counseling Program aimed at helping freshman and transfer students make a successful transition to university life
- advisement for students of color and their organizations on problem-solving matters
- informing students about scholarship and employment opportunities
- motivational and crisis consultation for students, and staff and
- coordination of culturally enlightening and educational programs for students, faculty, and the university community.